Tuesday 29 December 2015

Monostich verse form

Monostich verse is a single line poem (with or without a title),Below are some examples of my monostich poetry (these are my copyright but may be used for educational purposes, provided credit to me is acknowledged,and advice thereof made to bgstrand@hotmail.co.uk)

Note the tien is a variation  of a monostich verse derived from the first line of Chidiock Tichborne's famous elegy written in ten syllabic line format,an enigmatic verse, pervaded with pathos, without a title.

example of a tien

The past , my now, with me each day will stay.

example of monostich verse

come closer, was Seurat making a point

INDIAN SUMMER
Fall stands still and hesitates

IN THE SHADE

time evaporates, I siesta

SHORT MEASURE

eye poems displaying a shapely form


SHORT MEASURE

Eye poems displaying a shapely form

PROVERB

A parable in ancient form

INDIAN SUMMER

Fall stands  still and hesitates

BETROTHMENT

prithee tarry, lack-a day anon we marry

ECHOS OF YESTERDAY

in silence, the shire plods the path

RAIN ALL DAY

The bay tree curtseys low

SUMMER MORNING

The hearse stops, he takes our leave

UN NOTICED

The clinging ivy ,climbs the wall

OUT OF THE NEST

The fledgling hopes mother finds a worm

THE COOPER BEECH, STIRS

A flash of black & white, and a litter of feathers

RETIREMENT

I doze in the sun’s warmth

FOOTFALL IN THE MALL

busy-bees ..off line

FROZEN SOIL

seeds of summer,hibernate and wait

DAYBREAK

The nigrescent sky, becomes distinct  in my mind’s eye

AUGUST DOG-DAY

The heatwave deposits  raindrops in my lap


 


NOTE:see more of my monostich verse in my kindle ebook MONOSTICH POETRY and check out my variation of monstich BROKEN MONOKU (single haiku broken into two at the caesura)

No comments:

Post a Comment